AOC Mâcon-Villages (Burgundy)
Domaine Valette Vieilles Vignes Mâcon-Chaintré is a single-variety Chardonnay white wine made by Domaine Valette in the AOC Mâcon-Chaintré in Burgundy, France.
Domaine Valette Vieilles Vignes Mâcon-Chaintré is made with grapes from vines aged over 65 years old. The must ferments with its native yeasts. 80% of the resulting wine is aged in oak barrels and the remaining 20% in stainless steel tanks. The wine is vinified and bottled without adding sulphur.
There are only good things to say about Philippe Valette, an outstanding oenologist and wine lover who takes great care of the vineyard and nature. A leading figure in Chaintré, where his small family winery, Domaine Valette, is located. Three generations have worked this land with great care, using organic and biodynamic practices in their plots for more than 20 years and producing white wines like Domaine Valette Vieilles Vignes Mâcon-Chaintré with love and patience, reflecting the full purity of the Chardonnay grape in an honest way.