Free delivery + Pulltex corkscrew as a gift on first orders over €69. Use code BIENVENIDA

Guímaro Pedra

Exquisite Atlantic scenery on the palate
priority_high 75 cl.
2019 Offer!
93 Decántalo
92 Parker
redeemGet €0.35 in Saldo Decántalo by buying this product
Details
Alcohol 13.00%
Production area Galicia
Designation D.O. Ribeira Sacra
Winery Guímaro
Contains sulphites
Varieties 80% Mencía, 20% Other red varieties
Service 16.0
Volume 75 cl.
Tasting notes

Red wine Aged in concrete.

Guímaro Pedra 2019 is a smooth red wine with delicious aromas of fresh red fruit over a mineral background. On the palate it is light, lively and easy to drink. A very expressive wine that showcases its Atlantic character with marked acidity, noticeable tannins and a refreshing, saline finish.

Style Guímaro Pedra
Fruity
Spicy
Young
Barrel
Light
Body
Pairing
Charcuterie, Mushrooms, Red meat

About Guímaro Pedra

One of the highlights of the Ribeira Sacra, in Galicia (Spain), are the deep gorges created by the Sil and Miño rivers. These gorges are surrounded by steep slopes covered with forests and terraced vineyards that create a breathtaking landscape. There are also vines growing on steep slopes that have been maintained for centuries, producing high quality grapes used to make Galician wines that recreate the richness of such an idyllic landscape on the palate. This area is home to Guímaro, a winery known for its commitment to tradition and authenticity in winemaking, using techniques that have been passed down from generation to generation in the region.

The winery’s youngest wine, Guímaro Pedra is a very good example of their working philosophy. This is a red wine made mainly of Mencía mixed with other native varieties like Caiño, Sousón, Merenzao and Brancella. 40-year-old vines planted on slopes with granitic, slate and sandy soils at different altitudes and orientations. The grapes are harvested by hand when they reach optimum ripeness in small boxes and are immediately taken to the winery. There, the grapes are cold macerated for 5-6 days and fermented at a constant temperature of 25ºC in stainless steel tanks. After malolactic fermentation, the wine remains on the lees, 70% in an ovoid concrete tank and the remaining 30% in barrels for 8 months without pumping over. Finally, it is clarified and bottled.

With the Ribeira Sacra region being characterised by its impressive landscape, with river gorges, terraced vineyards and abundant nature, Guímaro Pedra is a very good way to enjoy such exquisite Atlantic scenery in your glass.


 

2019

Guímaro Pedra 2019 is a smooth red wine with delicious aromas of fresh red fruit over a mineral background. On the palate it is light, lively and easy to drink. A very expressive wine that showcases its Atlantic character with marked acidity, noticeable tannins and a refreshing, saline finish.

2019
92 Parker

Real reviews from customers who have purchased this product

17.41 VAT inc.
-10% 19.35