Type of grape:
Alicante Bouschet, Aragonés, Cabernet Sauvignon, Trincadeira
Red wine Aged in wood.
White roasted meat, Mature cheese
Style Esporao Reserva 2019
Characteristics Esporao Reserva
Esporão Reserva 2016 is a red wine made by the Esporao Portuguese winery with the Trincadeira, Aragonês, Alicante Bouschet and Cabernet Sauvignon varieties in the DOC Alentejo.
The Esporão winery lies on a spectacular estate in Alentejo (Portugal) and dates back to 1267. This is a location with rivers, vineyards, olive trees and a large central lake; natural features that make it the perfect place to grow good grapes. Starting with the aim of producing high-quality wines, the winery’s first building dates from 1985. However, it has been expanding over time, and is now one of the largest in Portugal.
The vineyards used to make EsporãoReserva are planted with vines with an average age of 15 years old. Strains planted in loam soils with granite and shale that produce high-quality berries with some help from a warm climate regulated by the estate’s large central lake. Once the grape reaches optimum ripeness, the harvest is carried out manually.
Each variety is vinified separately. Once the grape is destemmed, it macerates and ferments in stainless steel tanks with manual pump overs at a controlled temperature of between 22 and 25ºC. Then, 60% of the EsporãoReserva ages in American oak barrels and the remaining 40% in French oak for 12 months. After bottling the wine rests in the winery for about 8 months.
Esporão Reserva is a red wine from one of Alentejo's best known wineries. A delicious and elegant red wine that reveals the great fruitiness that is typical of this part of Portugal.
Real reviews from customers who have purchased this product
Esporão Reserva 2016 is a concentrated red wine with elegant aromas of red berries and wooden notes. On the palate it brings body, texture and density. The tannins are very well structured. Long and persistent finish.