Charles Heidsieck Brut Réserve is a sparkling brut made with the Chardonnay, Pinot Meunier and Pinot Noir varieties by Charles Heidsieck in the AOC champagne, France.
Charles Heidsieck is one of the best known champagne producers in the world. Founded in 1851, the winery is known for being one of the first to produce blanc de blanc wines with the Chardonnay variety. But if there is one thing Heidsieck stands out for, it is their precision in the art of blending wines. This practice has seen them gain a strong reputation around the world.
Charles Heidsieck Brut Réserve comes from a meticulous selection of vineyards all located within the AOC Champagne. These are traditionally cultivated old vines that are harvested at the optimum point of ripeness.
In the winery, Charles Heidsieck Brut Réserve is made through a perfect blend of 60/40/10. 60% of the blend are new wines of the region’s three classic varieties: Pinot Noir, Meunier and Chardonnay. The remaining 40% is made up of reserve wines with an average age of 10 years old. After the wine has been aged on lees and stacked, they are disgorged and 11g / l of expedition liqueur is added.
Charles Heidsieck Brut Réserve is a sparkling wine that is made with time and precision and reveals a very intriguing complexity. A champagne that expresses the quintessence of the Charles style.