Verónica Ortega La Llorona

The perfect way to rediscover the Godello

2019

Verónica Ortega La Llorona 2019

Organic
White wine Aged in wood Organic. 15 months in French oak barrels.

Out of stock

Add it to your favourites so we can notify you when it is available again.
Out-of-Stock

Get €0.75 added to your Decántalo Balance when you buy this product
Get € 0.75 added to your Decántalo Balance when you buy this product

Verónica Ortega La Llorona 2919 is a complex wine, with touches of minerality and freshness and stand-out citrus notes of grapefruit, quince and apple. There are also some notes of plants like chamomile, linden and fennel.

White wine Aged in wood Organic. 15 months in French oak barrels.
Alcohol: 12.50%
Designation: D.O. Bierzo
Production area: Spain Castilla y León
Contains sulphites
Tipo de Uva: 100% Godello
  • New
Verónica Ortega La Llorona
Organic
White wine Aged in wood Organic. 15 months in French oak barrels.
All prices are Duty Paid. All expenses to be paid for United Kingdom are included in the price.

Right to return (14 calendar days)

Customer rating: Excellent

Service

Pairing

Style Verónica Ortega La Llorona 2019

Characteristics Verónica Ortega La Llorona

Real reviews from customers who have purchased this product

Verónica Ortega La Llorona 2019 is a white wine made with the Godello variety, through malolactic fermentation and barrel aging, by Verónica Ortega in Castilla y León (Spain), in the D.O. Bierzo.

Verónica Ortega La Llorona starts life in Pieros, a small district of Cacabelos, in the province of León, lying about 500 metres above sea level. These sandy soils are home to Godello vines aged over 35 years old. This winery, that originates in Cadiz but has been in this area for several years, has chosen these vines as the starting point for this wine.

In the winery, Verónica Ortega La Llorona macerates at a low temperature for 1 day before fermentation, which helps to extract this variety’s characteristic aromas. After this, 80% ferments in oak barrels, while the remaining 20% ferments in steel tanks.

Finally, Verónica Ortega La Llorona undergoes spontaneous malolactic fermentation and 15 months of aging in barrels to produce the perfect wine to reconnect with this very typical Bierzo grape.

244132

Tasting notes Verónica Ortega La Llorona

Alcohol: 12.50%
Production area: Spain Castilla y León
Type of grape: Godello
Designation: D.O. Bierzo
Tipo de Uva: 100% Godello
Contains sulphites
Alcohol: 12.50%
Production area: Spain Castilla y León
Type of grape: Godello
Designation: D.O. Bierzo
Tipo de Uva: 100% Godello
Contains sulphites
Bierzo wine is on the rise. It is a region defined by its small scale work, with plots scattered around, very old vines, artisan work of the small scale wineries, and the character of their principal variety, the Mencía grape, which produces fresh, fruity and delicious wines. Although the region is well known mostly for its red wines, it also produces white and rosé wines. If the red wines here are defined by the Mencía variety, then the white wines here are defined by the Godello. Godello grape has great aromatic potential, as well as an excellent balance between alcohol and acidity.  Despite the great potential of El Bierzo, its rise in the wine world would not have been possible without two people: Raúl Pérez and Ricardo Pérez. Two great winemakers who in little time have been able to produce critically acclaimed wines from the Bierzo region.
Pictures and situation D.O. Bierzo