Quinta Do Crasto Branco Superior

A fresh and elegant white from the Dour

2019

Quinta Do Crasto Branco Superior 2019

White wine Aged in wood.
£15.45
Duty paid
6x
-5%
£14.63
unit
Duty paid

Get €0.46 added to your Decántalo Balance when you buy this product
Get € 0.46 added to your Decántalo Balance when you buy this product
Alcohol: 12.00%
Designation: DOC Douro
Production area: Portugal Douro
Contains sulphites
Tipo de Uva: 60% Viosinho, 40% Verdejo
  • New
Quinta Do Crasto Branco Superior
White wine Aged in wood.
All prices are Duty Paid. All expenses to be paid for United Kingdom are included in the price.

Right to return (14 calendar days)

Customer rating: Excellent

Service

Pairing

Style Quinta Do Crasto Branco Superior 2019

Characteristics Quinta Do Crasto Branco Superior

Real reviews from customers who have purchased this product

Quinta Do Crasto Branco Superior is a white wine coupage of the Verdejo and Viosinho varieties produced by the Quinta Do Crasto winery in the Douro Valley, Portugal.

Quinta Do Crasto Branco Superior is made with grapes from the Duero Superior sub-region. The harvest is carried out by collecting the bunches in small plastic boxes and with a careful selection process. When the grapes reach the winery, they are destemmed and pressed. The must rests for 48 hours in stainless steel tanks at 8ºC. It is then decanted and placed in stainless steel tanks where the first part of the alcoholic fermentation process begins. The budding wine is racked into French oak barrels to finish fermentation for 45 days at 14ºC.

When alcoholic fermentation has finished, the wine then ages in French oak barrels for six months with its fine lees stirred in. For this process, traditional battonage is not used. Instead, each barrel has individual rollers that allow it to rotate so that the lees are stirred without letting in any oxygen. 50% of the barrels are new and the other half are used. Of the total barrels, 85% are French oak and the remaining 15% are French oak with acacia heads.

The Quinta Do Crasto winery is an estate with a long winemaking history in one of the most impressive parts of the Douro Valley. Its name “Crasto” means “Roman fortress”. According to historical records, information on its wine production appear in 1615 and after that date it also appears with the status of “Feitoria”, which was the highest classification of vineyards at the time. Today they continue to make high quality wines and oils, uniting tradition and modernity.
240705
2000 Items

Specific References

ean13
5604123006342

Ratings Quinta Do Crasto Branco Superior

Alcohol: 12.00%
Production area: Portugal Douro
Type of grape: Verdejo, Viosinho
Designation: DOC Douro
Contains sulphites
Alcohol: 12.00%
Production area: Portugal Douro
Type of grape: Verdejo, Viosinho
Designation: DOC Douro
Contains sulphites
Alcohol: 12.00%
Production area: Portugal Douro
Type of grape: Verdejo, Viosinho
Designation: DOC Douro
Contains sulphites
Alcohol: 12.00%
Production area: Portugal Douro
Designation: DOC Douro
Tipo de Uva: 60% Viosinho, 40% Verdejo
Contains sulphites