Le Macchiole Scrio

A Tuscan gem

2016

Le Macchiole Scrio 2016

96
Parker
93
Decanter
98
Suckling
Red wine Aged in wood Respectful agriculture.
£116.46
Duty paid
-10% £129.15
Duty paid
5 Last items in stock

Get €3.49 added to your Decántalo Balance when you buy this product
Get € 3.49 added to your Decántalo Balance when you buy this product
Le Macchiole Scrio 2016 is a concentrated red wine with an opulent nose of ripe black fruit, notes of chocolate and mocha and a balsamic background. On the palate it is juicy, fresh and intense. With marked tannins and considerable acidity, it has a long and persistent finish.
Red wine Aged in wood Respectful agriculture.
Alcohol: 14.50%
Designation: IGP Toscana
Winery: Le Macchiole
Production area: Italy Tuscany
Contains sulphites
Tipo de Uva: 100% Syrah
  • -9.82%
Le Macchiole Scrio
Red wine Aged in wood Respectful agriculture.
All prices are Duty Paid. All expenses to be paid for United Kingdom are included in the price.

Right to return (14 calendar days)

Customer rating: Excellent

Service

Pairing

Style Le Macchiole Scrio 2016

Characteristics Le Macchiole Scrio

Real reviews from customers who have purchased this product

Le Macchiole Scrio is a barrel-aged red wine made with the Syrah variety in Tuscany (Italy) by the Le Macchiole winery.

Le Macchiole is a family winery founded in the eighties by Eugenio Campolmi that quickly became one of the most famous in Bolgueri, in the heart of Tuscany. Currently his wife and children continue his work, creating ecological and biodynamic wines.

Le Macchiole Scrio comes from two ecologically cultivated vineyards where biodynamic treatments are used instead of chemicals. In the vineyard, yields are extremely limited and the harvest is carried out manually and early.

In the winery, the Le Macchiole Scrio grapes macerate and ferment for about 20 days in stainless steel tanks. Then Scrio ages for 12 months in oak barrels, 75% of which are new and the remaining 25% are second use. Finally, it ages in the bottle for 21 months before being released for sale.

Le Macchiole Scrio came from a desire to show the best of the Syrah variety, which was the founder’s favourite. An extremely limited production that combines the depth of Mediterranean fruit with the freshness of the cold climate. A Tuscan gem.
Le Macchiole
200839
5 Items

Ratings Le Macchiole Scrio

Tasting notes Le Macchiole Scrio

Alcohol: 14.50%
Production area: Italy Tuscany
Type of grape: Syrah
Designation: IGP Toscana
Winery: Le Macchiole
Tipo de Uva: 100% Syrah
Contains sulphites