D.O. Terra Alta (Catalonia)
Jordi Miró Garnatxa Blanca is a white wine produced by the winery Jordi Miró in Corbera d’Ebre, D.O. Terra Alta.
In 1999 Jordi Miró started this personal project by planting his first vineyard. After working in the wine industry, more specifically in the retail area, he decided to begin this journey and start making his own wines. In 2009 he built his own winery.
Jordi Miró works with local varieties like Carignan, Tempranillo, Red and White Grenache, as well as with international varieties like Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Syrah. He makes wines with their own particular style, with the aim of differentiating itself from others in an original way. He cultivates his vineyards organically.
Jordi Miró Garnatxa Blanca is a young white wine made from White Grenache harvested by hand. Once the grapes are destemmed they undergo a skin-contact maceration process for 24 hours at 10ºC. 90% goes through alcoholic fermentation in stainless steel deposits, the remaining 10%, in new 300-litre French oak barrels. This 10% is aged for 3 months with batonnage.
Jordi Miró Garnatxa Blanca is a fresh, unctuous wine, with a perfect combination of the toasted notes given by the actual barrel and the white fruit, typical of this variety.