Cantayano

Authentically Verdejo

2019

Cantayano 2019

Organic
White wine Aged in wood Organic.
£10.95
Duty paid
-8% £11.90
Duty paid

Get €0.33 added to your Decántalo Balance when you buy this product
Get € 0.33 added to your Decántalo Balance when you buy this product
Alcohol: 13.00%
Designation: VT Castilla-León
Production area: Spain Castilla y León
Contains sulphites
Tipo de Uva: 100% Verdejo
  • -7.94%
  • New
Cantayano
Organic
White wine Aged in wood Organic.
All prices are Duty Paid. All expenses to be paid for United Kingdom are included in the price.

Right to return (14 calendar days)

Customer rating: Excellent

Service

Pairing

Style Cantayano 2019

Characteristics Cantayano

Real reviews from customers who have purchased this product

Cantayano is an organic white wine made with the Verdejo variety by the Cantalapiedra family in V.T. Castilla-León (Valladolid).

Carrying the family’s winemaking legacy, Isaac Cantalapiedra went one step further in 2014, and started making his own wines with his son Manuel. These are ecological wines with their own personalities that show off the area’s reigning variety: the Verdejo. They don’t allow themselves to be influenced by international trends and tastes that can often mask the authentic essence of grapes and terroir.

Cantayano comes from different plots belonging to the winery in La Seca, Valladolid. These are strains aged between 20 and 30 years old that are planted in clay, sand, limestone and boulder soils. They use 100% organic agriculture with organic practices and biodynamic treatments. When the grape reaches optimum ripeness, it is harvested manually.

In the winery, the Cantayano grapes macerate over 8 months with their skins. Most of the must (90%) ferments spontaneously with native yeasts in stainless steel tanks. The remaining 10% vinifies in 500-litre French oak barrels that have been used once before. Finally, it ages with lees and without battonage for 8 months.

Cantayano 2018 is a white wine that pleasantly surprises through its versatility and authenticity. A true Verdejo set apart from industry trends.
230311
2000 Items

Specific References

ean13
714929269171

Ratings Cantayano

Tasting notes Cantayano

Alcohol: 13.00%
Production area: Spain Castilla y León
Type of grape: Verdejo
Designation: VT Castilla-León
Tipo de Uva: 100% Verdejo
Contains sulphites
Alcohol: 13.00%
Production area: Spain Castilla y León
Type of grape: Verdejo
Designation: VT Castilla-León
Contains sulphites
Pictures and situation Isaac Cantalapiedra