Cal Pla Blanc

2018

Cal Pla Blanc 2018

White wine Joven. 5 months in French and American oak barrels.
£10.59
Duty paid
-4% £11.02
Duty paid

Get €0.32 added to your Decántalo Balance when you buy this product
Get € 0.32 added to your Decántalo Balance when you buy this product
Alcohol: 13.50%
Designation: D.O.Q. Priorat
Winery: Cal Pla
Production area: Spain Catalonia
Contains sulphites
Tipo de Uva: 40% Macabeo, 30% Garnacha Blanca, 30% Moscatel
  • -3.91%
  • New
Cal Pla Blanc
White wine Joven. 5 months in French and American oak barrels.
All prices are Duty Paid. All expenses to be paid for United Kingdom are included in the price.

Right to return (14 calendar days)

Customer rating: Excellent

Service

Pairing

Style Cal Pla Blanc 2018

Characteristics Cal Pla Blanc

Real reviews from customers who have purchased this product

Cal Pla Blanc is a red wine from Priorat produced by Celler Cal Pla. It is a blend of Macabeo (40%), Garnacha Blanca (30%) and Moscatell (30%).

The grapes are harvested by hand during the last week of September. Strains are 15 years old and are oriented south-west.

The vines grow on slate soils at an altitude of 300 metres above sea level. The average production is 1.5 kilos per vine.

Once in the winery, Cal Pla Blanc is macerated with the skins. Subsequently it undergoes a fermenting it in a temperature controlled deposit.

Cal Pla Blanc is finally aged on its lees in new French oak barrels -80% of them-and American oak- the remaining 20% - of 225 and 300 litres. It remains here for 5 months.

Celler Cal Pla
has a long history since it was founded in 1814. They are now seven generations of the Pla family who have dedicated themselves to the vineyard and winemaking in the small town of Porrera.

Cal Pla
244039
2000 Items

Specific References

ean13
8437009647103

Tasting notes Cal Pla Blanc

Alcohol: 13.50%
Production area: Spain Catalonia
Type of grape: Moscatel, Macabeo, Garnacha Blanca
Designation: D.O.Q. Priorat
Winery: Cal Pla
Contains sulphites
Alcohol: 13.50%
Production area: Spain Catalonia
Type of grape: Moscatel, Macabeo, Garnacha Blanca
Designation: D.O.Q. Priorat
Winery: Cal Pla
Contains sulphites
Alcohol: 13.50%
Production area: Spain Catalonia
Type of grape: Moscatel, Macabeo, Garnacha Blanca
Designation: D.O.Q. Priorat
Winery: Cal Pla
Contains sulphites
Alcohol: 13.50%
Production area: Spain Catalonia
Type of grape: Moscatel, Macabeo, Garnacha Blanca
Designation: D.O.Q. Priorat
Winery: Cal Pla
Contains sulphites
Alcohol: 13.50%
Production area: Spain Catalonia
Type of grape: Moscatel, Macabeo, Garnacha Blanca
Designation: D.O.Q. Priorat
Winery: Cal Pla
Contains sulphites
Alcohol: 13.50%
Production area: Spain Catalonia
Designation: D.O.Q. Priorat
Winery: Cal Pla
Tipo de Uva: 40% Macabeo, 30% Garnacha Blanca, 30% Moscatel
Contains sulphites
Cal Pla is immersed in a process of controlled unification without losing the philosophy of a small boutique winery that produces high-quality wines and with a marked personality from its strategic location in Priorat. For eight generations, Cal Pla has made bulk wine from the family winery until in 1996, Joan Sangenís, the youngest one of the saga and with oenology studies, decided to introduce bottling and the most up-to-date oenology elements to produce renewed and labelled wines. Wines that transmitted, at the same time, the strength of the tradition of a family that has been dedicated to winemaking for more than two centuries.
Pictures and situation Cal Pla
Priorat is craftsmanship and tradition, old and robust vines that are grown and born deep inside the province of Tarragona. They are grown on slopes that are sleety with low fertility and difficult to grow in. In Priorat they produce great red wines of an excellent quality, a maroon colour, robust, dense and rich flavour, intense aromas and sometimes there are reflections present of minerals from the soils.
Pictures and situation D.O.Q. Priorat