Barahonda Summum

Concentrated and sweet Monastrell that is suitable for vegans

2018

Barahonda Summum 2018

Red wine Aged in wood. 16 months in French and American oak barrels.
£15.82
Duty paid
6x
-8%
£14.50
unit
Duty paid

Get €0.47 added to your Decántalo Balance when you buy this product
Get € 0.47 added to your Decántalo Balance when you buy this product
Alcohol: 15.00%
Designation: D.O. Yecla
Winery: Barahonda
Production area: Spain Murcia
Contains sulphites
Tipo de Uva: 100% Monastrell
  • New
Barahonda Summum
Red wine Aged in wood. 16 months in French and American oak barrels.
All prices are Duty Paid. All expenses to be paid for United Kingdom are included in the price.

Right to return (14 calendar days)

Customer rating: Excellent

Service

Pairing

Style Barahonda Summum 2018

Characteristics Barahonda Summum

Real reviews from customers who have purchased this product

Barahonda Summum 2017 is a vegan single-variety Monastrell red wine produced by the Barahonda winery in the D.O. Yecla in Murcia, Spain.

 

Barahonda Summum 2017 is made with grapes that grow in vineyards with limestone and rocky soils. The “ungrafted” grapes are selected and when they reach the winery they go through a maceration-fermentation process in stainless steel tanks under controlled temperatures ranging from 20°C to 25°C. The resulting wine is racked into barrels to undergo malolactic fermentation and then aged for 16 months in oak barrels, 90% of which are of American and the remaining 10% are French.

 

No animal products are used to make the Barahonda Summum 2017 wine so it is suitable for vegans and vegetarians and is certified as such.

 

Brothers Antonio and Alfredo Candela are the fourth generation of the family who founded the Barahonda winery, which dates back to 1850. They now run the winery with the aim of being faithful to their philosophy of producing quality wines that are closely linked to the local land. They are committed to conveying the legacy of years of work dedicated to winemaking as well as continuing to make the improvements and innovations that have led this winery to become one of the best in Murcia.

 

Barahonda
244014
2000 Items

Specific References

ean13
8437006931540

Ratings Barahonda Summum

Tasting notes Barahonda Summum

Alcohol: 15.00%
Production area: Spain Murcia
Type of grape: Monastrell
Designation: D.O. Yecla
Winery: Barahonda
Contains sulphites
Alcohol: 15.00%
Production area: Spain Murcia
Type of grape: Monastrell
Designation: D.O. Yecla
Winery: Barahonda
Tipo de Uva: 100% Monastrell
Contains sulphites
The DO. Yecla is currently submerged in the midst of a revolution, led by small private wineries and cooperatives that are fully grasping the cultivation of vineyards and the use of new technologies, working with the star trademark grape: the Monastrell. Over recent years, the region has been producing high quality red wines that have not only built a strong reputation, but are also leading the way for a great future. D.O Yecla is without a doubt one of the most dynamic Denominaciónes de Origen. The region also boasts a strong export market, with 95% of its products sold outside of Spain, with their wines enjoyed by over 40 countries throughout the world.
Pictures and situation D.O. Yecla