Borsao Zarihs

A Syrah created by the Cierzo

2017

Borsao Zarihs 2017

Red wine Aged in wood. 12 months in American oak barrels.
€14.22
VAT inc.
6x
-5%
€13.48
unit
VAT inc.

Get €0.43 added to your Decántalo Balance when you buy this product
Get € 0.43 added to your Decántalo Balance when you buy this product
Alcohol: 15.00%
Designation: D.O. Campo de Borja
Winery: Borsao
Production area: Spain Aragón
Contains sulphites
Tipo de Uva: 100% Syrah
  • New
Borsao Zarihs
Red wine Aged in wood. 12 months in American oak barrels.
50% discount on shipping for orders over €300

Right to return (14 calendar days)

Customer rating: Excellent

Service

Pairing

Style Borsao Zarihs 2017

Characteristics Borsao Zarihs

Real reviews from customers who have purchased this product

Borsao Zarihs is a monovarietal Syrah red wine produced by Bodegas Borsao in Campo de Borja.

Bodegas Borsao, the cooperative that manages more than a third of the vineyards planted in the small region of Campo de Borja (Zaragoza province), has its origins in 1958. However, it is with the advent of the new century and the collaboration of the prestigious New Zealand oenologist Chris Ringland when the winery has begun to be recognised on the international market.

Although the most widely-cultivated variety in Campo de Borja is Grenache, Borsao Zarihs is made with Syrah. Hence its name, since Zarihs is Shiraz backwards. These were strains planted over 16 years ago at the foot of the Moncayo mountain, and the oenologists Chis Ringland and José Luis Chueca have been able to apply their know-how and make the most of the effects of soil, sun and Cierzo (name of Zaragoza's wind) on the grape.

Once they arrive in the cellar, the grapes are macerated for 4 to 5 days, and the alcoholic fermentation is carried out for 20 days in stainless steel vats at a controlled temperature of 22ºC to 26ºC. 40% of Borsao Zarihs is then aged in American oak barrels for one year and the remaining 60% in stainless steel tanks.

Borsao Zarihs is a linear wine representative of Campo de Borja and is very good value for money.
239610
2000 Items

Specific References

ean13
8412423121408

Ratings Borsao Zarihs

Tasting notes Borsao Zarihs

Alcohol: 15.00%
Production area: Spain Aragón
Type of grape: Syrah
Designation: D.O. Campo de Borja
Winery: Borsao
Contains sulphites
Alcohol: 15.00%
Production area: Spain Aragón
Type of grape: Syrah
Designation: D.O. Campo de Borja
Winery: Borsao
Contains sulphites
Alcohol: 15.00%
Production area: Spain Aragón
Type of grape: Syrah
Designation: D.O. Campo de Borja
Winery: Borsao
Contains sulphites
Alcohol: 15.00%
Production area: Spain Aragón
Type of grape: Syrah
Designation: D.O. Campo de Borja
Winery: Borsao
Tipo de Uva: 100% Syrah
Contains sulphites
Alcohol: 15.00%
Production area: Spain Aragón
Type of grape: Syrah
Designation: D.O. Campo de Borja
Winery: Borsao
Tipo de Uva: 100% Syrah
Contains sulphites
In a relatively short time, Bodegas Borsao has gone from being one of the examples of the wine growing stagnation of some Aragonese cooperatives, to being among the best examples of a company with an intelligent renovation. Although Bodegas Borsao, founded in 1958, is still a cooperative with more than 400 members who cultivate and control more than 1,500 hectares of vineyard,the new wines not only brought a breath of fresh air to Campo de Borja, but they also meant a new beginning for many other Aragonese wines: modernity.
Pictures and situation Borsao
For many years, Aragonese wines were used to strengthen weaker wines, both in Spain and abroad. However, in the past few years Araongese wines have managed to dramatically change this stereotype and their reputation in general. The D.O Somontano region lead this revolution during the 90´s with the cultivation of foreign varieties, but now other wine regions, such as the DO Campo de Borja, have discovered the extraordinary possibilities of one of its native varieties: Grenache, one of the most prominent varieties in Spain. It is not in vain that the DO Campo de Borja is considered "the queen of Grenache".