D.O. Penedès (Catalonia)
Segura Viudas Creu de Lavit is a white wine produced by the winery Heredad Segura Viudas in Torrelavit, D.O. Penedès.
Heredad Segura Viudas starts its journey in 1954, cultivating lands that have a century-long tradition. Located 10 minutes from Sant Sadurní d'Anoia, these lands are right in the heart of Penedés.
Thanks to their willingness to preserve biodiversity through sustainable viticulture and by respecting tradition, as well as their enthusiasm for innovation, Heredad Segura Viudas has been able to create on of the most awarded brands in national and international wine tastings.
Segura Viudas Creu de Lavit is a wine prepared with 100% Xarello. This grape variety comes from vineyards that are over 50 years old and that are located at an altitude of around 223 metres. They are manually harvested and placed in 25kg boxes. When they arrive at the winery they are pressed, yielding 55% of must. After undergoing a static settling process, 25% of the must ferments in a barrel made from French and American Oak, and acacia, where it is left for 5 months. The remaining 75% of the must ferments in stainless steel deposits and it is left for 3 months, with its fine lees.
Segura Viudas Creu de Lavit is an elegant, tasty wine, with a great varietal character. A mature xarello that perfectly fuses the fruit-laden aromas with the toasted aromas of the ageing process.