Domaine des Nugues Morgon 2019
Elegant Morgon austerity
Style Domaine des Nugues Morgon 2019 2018
Characteristics Domaine des Nugues Morgon 2019
Although this winery started in 1976 when Gérard Gelin acquired the Clos des Nugues estate and renamed it Domaine des Nugues, it was when his son Gilles joined the business that the winery became part of the Beaujolais renaissance. After graduating with a medical degree, he joined the project in the year 2000 to uphold the family tradition and he is now running the estate with the help of his wife Magali. Located in the north of Beaujolais, a French wine region that lies south of Burgundy, the winery sits on the border of the prestigious Moulin-à-Vent, Fleurie and Morgon crus. The domain currently has almost 33 hectares and the Gamay variety reigns supreme.
One of their most popular wines is the Domaine des Nugues Morgon, made in the AOC Morgon from vineyards with an average age of 45 years old. These Gamay vines are planted on schist and granite soils and are sustainably cultivated and harvested by hand. When they reach the winery they are vinified in whole bunches, following the semi-carbonic maceration method that is so common in the region. 70% of the must is kept in vats for 12 months and the remaining 30% is aged in barrels for 3 years. Finally the wine is stabilised in the bottle.
Morgon grows some of the best grapes in the region and Domaine des Nugues Morgon is an austere, robust and elegant red wine with all the essence of the AOC. With a limited production of 3,000 to 6,000 bottles per year, it is the ideal introduction to the world of high quality Beaujolais.
Real reviews from customers who have purchased this product
Tasting notes Domaine des Nugues Morgon 2019
Domaine des Nugues Morgon 2019 is a deep-coloured, smooth red wine with aromas of red and black fruits over a subtle spicy background. On the palate it is rich, silky and elegant. A wine with a silky tannic structure, wild acidity and a long, fruity finish.