You are buying it at a lower price because it has some kind of defect on the bottle, such as a stained or ripped label, or a damaged capsule.
We will not accept any claims related to this kind of defects.
The content has not suffered any damage, is the same as in a normal bottle. These products only have certain defects on their bottles.
Please note: you are buying a primeur wine.
You are buying en primeur wine, this means you are buying it the best price because you are paying now but you will receive it it from the end of next summer, once the winery finishes with its elaboration.
For each bottle you will get 12 Decántalo points which you can redeem for a selection of gifts in your next order.
Characteristics of Pyjama Godello
Pyjama Godello is a white wine from the D.O Bierzo, produced by the Demencía de Autor winery. This is a single variety wine made with the Godello grape variety.
The climate in El Bierzo, a region situated in a valley surrounded by mountains, is relatively mild and temperate, regulated by a certain level of humidity. The grapes used for Pyjama Godello are situated in the towns of Viladecanes and Villafranca del Bierzo, and have an average age of over 50 years. The vines, planted on low bush vines, are worked and cultivated manually. The harvest is also carried out manually, using small 10kg capacity boxes, and only when the grapes have reached their optimum point of maturation.
The vinification process for Pyjama Godello is carried out under completely controlled conditions in stainless steel tanks. Following eight days of maceration and fermentation, the wine is incubated where is briefly aged for 5 months on its selected lees, 80% in tanks, with the other 20% in 225litre capacity barrels.
Nacho León, an agricultural engineer, is the man at the helm of the Demencia de Autor winery. The winery specialises in working with the Mencía grape, and occasionally with the Godello variety, a variety native to the neighbouring Valdeorras region.
The 2015 vintage was characterised by low rainfall. The lack of water throughout the year brought the vegetative cycle of the vine forward and it was not until days before the harvest that it started to rain considerably. This caused the grape to hydrate and lead to a somewhat fresher vintage than what it initially seemed. The continental character that this vintage looked like it was going to have was mitigated by the rain before the harvest, balancing the phenolic ripeness, qualifying the vintage as excellent. The wines of this vintage have an excellent balance between structure, acidity and texture in the mouth. A vintage that can age perfectly.
Ratings for the vintages from D.O. Bierzo
Super safe packaging
We send your order with special packaging to minimalise possible damages.
Bierzo wine is on the rise. It is a region defined by its small scale work, with plots scattered around, very old vines, artisan work of the small scale wineries, and the character of their principal variety, the Mencía grape, which produces fresh, fruity and delicious wines. Although the region is well known mostly for its red wines, it also produces white and rosé wines. If the red wines here are defined by the Mencía variety, then the white wines here are defined by the Godello. Godello grape has great aromatic potential, as well as an excellent balance between alcohol and acidity. Despite the great potential of El Bierzo, its rise in the wine world would not have been possible without two people: Raúl Pérez and Ricardo Pérez. Two great winemakers who in little time have been able to produce critically acclaimed wines from the Bierzo region.