Hola Winelover! Close (x)
We have seen that you are located in:

Is this where you want your order to be shipped to? We are asking for the country to present you the most personalised delivery costs. If this is not the country of delivery, please change it.

Piérola Reserva

Piérola Reserva
4.78/5.00 from 978 reviews from our customers
Super safe packaging
We send your order with special packaging to minimalise possible damages.
Is your order a gift?
We offer gift cards so that you can add a special message to your order
Money-back guarantee
If your wine does not reach you in the right condition, please do not worry. We will exchange it for a new one.
Piérola Reserva
Red wine Reserva. 24 months in French and American oak barrels.

Characteristics of Piérola Reserva

Piérola Reserva is a red wine from La Rioja developed by the Fernández de Piérola cellar. This wine is a varietal Tempranillo, a variety of excellence in the region.

The grapes come from old vines between 45 and 60 years old. The plots are of low yield but high concentration and quality.

After a harvest and selection of the grapes, grapes are fermented in stainless steel tanks at controlled temperatures which does not exceed 30 degrees, an incorporated cooling system is used. After this process, Piérola Reserva is aged for 24 months in American oak barrels -70% of the total, with the other 30% being French.

Piérola Reserva is finally aged in bottle before going to market.

Fernández de Piérola is a small family winery. In order to distinguish itself from other Rioja wineries, Fernández de Piérola uses only family vineyards nestled in the village of Moreda, in La Rioja Alavesa.

Alcohol: 13.0%
Serve at 16ºC
Pairing
Roasted red meats, Beef, Cold meat, Grilled red meats, White meat

Tasting notes Piérola Reserva

Sight Intense red with rust coloured reflections. Nose Powerful and complex with aromas of balsamic. Taste Fine and balanced, elegant. Spicy and roasted notes. Persevering end.

Ratings for the vintages from the D.O. D.O.Ca. Rioja

2016 Very good
2015 Very good
2014 Good
2013 Good
2012 Very good
2011 Excellent
2010 Excellent
2009 Very good
2008 Very good
2007 Very good
2006 Very good
2005 Excellent
2004 Excellent
2003 Good
2002 Good
2001 Excellent
2000 Good
1999 Good
1998 Very good
1997 Good
1996 Very good
1995 Excellent
1994 Excellent
1993 Good
1992 Good
1991 Very good
1990 Good
1989 Good
1988 Good
1987 Very good
Super safe packaging
We send your order with special packaging to minimalise possible damages.
Is your order a gift?
We offer gift cards so that you can add a special message to your order
Money-back guarantee
If your wine does not reach you in the right condition, please do not worry. We will exchange it for a new one.

D.O. D.O.Ca. Rioja

Winery Fernández de Piérola

La Rioja is one of the most important areas of wine production in the world. It has a long history, and exceptional soils and climates.
From the Tempranillo and Grenache varieties they make great red wines that are masterfully aged which demonstrates the experience passed from generation to generation.

Other wines from D.O. D.O.Ca. Rioja

Bodegas Fernández de Piérola was founded in 1996 with the goal of producing high quality wine with a strong personality to stand out from other, highly standardised Riojas. 
The wines are made with grapes from family-owned vineyards located in Moreda (Rioja - Alavesa), an area with a long winemaking tradition.
Síguenos en nuestra redes sociales
Loading...