You are buying it at a lower price because it has some kind of defect on the bottle, such as a stained or ripped label, or a damaged capsule.
We will not accept any claims related to this kind of defects.
The content has not suffered any damage, is the same as in a normal bottle. These products only have certain defects on their bottles.
Please note: you are buying a primeur wine.
You are buying en primeur wine, this means you are buying it the best price because you are paying now but you will receive it it from the end of next summer, once the winery finishes with its elaboration.
For each bottle you will get 19 Decántalo points which you can redeem for a selection of gifts in your next order.
Characteristics of Luis Seabra Xisto Ilimitado
Luis Seabra Xisto Ilimitado is a red wine coupage of the Touriga Franca, Tinta Amarela, Tinta Roriz,Rufete, Tinta Barroca, Malvasia Preta and Donzelinho Tinto varieties made by Bodega Luis Seabra in the Douro Valley, Portugal.
The varieties come from four vineyards that lie at an altitude of 400 metres in Cima Corgo with predominantly clay soils with yellow slates.
To make the Luis Seabra Xisto Ilimitado wine, they tread 30% of the grapes, which are then fermented in the traditional Douro stone lagares, and the remaining 70% is de-stemmed and produced in stainless steel tanks. Only native yeasts are used. The must is macerated for 25 days and the wine then ages for one year in used French oak barrels. The two batches are combined before bottling and releasing for sale.
Luis Seabra is a leading Portuguese winemaker who worked for the renowned Niepoort winery until he decided to make his own wines in a totally different style. He dedicated himself to reviving the Portuguese native varieties and making wine in an unhurried manner with very little intervention.
The Luis Seabra Xisto Ilimitado wine is Luis Seabra’s response to generic Burgundy wines. It is a Portuguese simile: it evokes elegance and complexity while remaining accessible.
Serve at 16.0ºC
Eggs, Roasts, Rice with meat, Smoked dishes, Stews, Cold meat
Luis Seabra Xisto Ilimitado 2017 is a red wine with aromas reminiscent of red currants, cherries and pomegranates accompanied by aromatic herb, earthy and mineral notes. The palate is light and vibrant, with a fresh acidity and fine tannins. The fruit returns accompanied by a subtle spicy note reminiscent of white pepper, and a touch of minerality. It has a pleasant mid-palate and a juicy and fresh finish.