Earn Decántalo points when you place an order that you can exchange for gift wines.
Characteristics of LaFou els Amelers
LaFou els Amelers is a white wine from the D.O Terra Alta region produced by the LaFou winery. This wine is made using Garnacha Blanca grapes.
The grapes used to make LaFou els Amelers come from old vineyards that are owned by the winery and span 60 hecatares. These vineyards lie at around 400 metres above sea level, close to the municipality of Batea, in Tarragona, where the wineries facilities are located.
On arrival at the winery, the grapes macerate with their skins for four days and are subsequently softly pressed at low temperatures.
90% of the obtained must is decanted into stainless steel tanks, where it rests for 4 months on its lees. During this time, the other 10% ages in toasted oak barrels that have a 300 litre capacity.
Following this stage, the wine is blended. Then, LaFou els Amelers is clarified and cold stabilised before being bottled.
Fou, in Catalan, means ravine or narrow passage, through which rivers pass: one of the most typical and beautiful geography of Terra Alta forms.
Wines from Terra Alta boast a unique character. This is down to numerous factors, including the region's unique wine culture, the location of the vineyards in the inland Mediterranean, and the abundance of native varieties including the Garnacha Blanca, whose white wines perhaps best express the unique character of the terroir. It is for this reason that these wines hold their own distinctive classification of “Terra Alta Garnacha Blanca”.
Mas la Caçadora was founded in late 2003 by a group of wine lovers, the environment and the character of a region like the Priorat. Most of us have a long experience in the wine industry and wine family tradition.
Situda in the village of Els Guiamets and framed in the DO Montsant The winery has a capacity of 280 hl, which produces a white, red and pink young, a barrel fermented white and red guard.