Earn Decántalo points when you place an order that you can exchange for gift wines.
Characteristics of Idus de Vall-Llach
Idus de Vall-Llach 2009 is an elegant and modern red wine that surprises us for its mineral notes provided by the old Carignan vines from Priorat. It is balanced and structured with the addition of a blend made of Merlot, Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon…. The proportion is the following: 40 % Carignan, 15 % Grenache, 15 % Merlot, 20 % Cabernet Sauvignon and 10 % Syrah. 35% of the wine is aged for 16 months (during which the wine is only racked once) in new French oak barrels and the remaining 65% is aged in second-year barrels.
It is recommended decanting this wine at least one hour before enjoying it.
Serve at 16ºC
We recommend decanting before consumption
Large game, Game stew, Mature cheese, Mushrooms, Grilled red meats, Sheep cheese, Complex sauces
SightIntense cherry red colour with maroon edge and violet tones. High robe, very covered. Clean and bright. It shows an abundant and dense tear.NoseIt is recommended decanting this wine a long time before enjoying it in order to let it show all its aromatic nuances to the maximum. Complex and concentrated nose, aromas of red fruit that slowly becomes black, fleshy and juicy, together with floral nuances, pleasant toasted and smoked hints, aromatic herbs and mineral notes.TasteIt shows a powerful attack and a large mid-palate which fills the palate with fruity and spiced sensations. Great acidity, well present tannins. Long and persistent finish. Very mineral and fruity wine at retro-olfaction.
SightThe tasting repport of this wine is being translated. Meanwhile, you can check the Spanish version.Taste
SightIntense cherry colour with garnet trims. Bright wine.NosePowerful, concentrated and expressive aromas. Many notes of red fruits with lots of balsamic nuances. Typical Priorat notes such as mineral and wood notes. It needs to open up before it shows the aromatic complexity of this wine from the winery Vall Llach.TasteWide attack, with a velvety mid palate full of ripe fruit and spices. Balsamic finishing touches. Fleshy, powerful and fresh wine. Ripe tannins. Long finish.
Priorat is craftsmanship and tradition, old and robust vines that are grown and born deep inside the province of Tarragona. They are grown on slopes that are sleety with low fertility and difficult to grow in. In Priorat they produce great red wines of an excellent quality, a maroon colour, robust, dense and rich flavour, intense aromas and sometimes there are reflections present of minerals from the soils.
Vall Llach, Idus de Vall Llach and Embruix de Vall Llach are the names of the three red wines produced at Celler Vall-Llach, and 1998 was it first harvest, which was launched to the market at the end of 2000. Vall-Llach selected and purchased a group of several magnificent old estates, known as the "Trossos". These were planted with Carignan and Grenache vines between 60 and 90 years, which ensure an exclusive must for its collections.