Earn Decántalo points when you place an order that you can exchange for gift wines.
Características de Grimalt Caballero
Grimalt Cabellero is a red wine produced by 4 Kilos Vinícola, a winery located in Felantix, Mallorca.
This modern winey owned by the winemaker Francesc Grimalt and the musician Sergio Caballero, since 2006 have been producing wine and reasserting the qualities of the varieties from VT Mallorca.
Grimalt Cabellero is produced mainly from the varietal Callet (90%) and the remainder from Fogoneu (10%), both varieties are native to Mallorca. The grapes originate from the properties of Viña Petita and Viña Ermassos, these are old vineyards between 40-50 years old.
The grapes are grown in clay-loam soils at an altitude of 100 meters above sea level. The viticulture is eco-friendly, they use a vegetable covering to boost the microbiology of the soils and in autumn the water retention capacity.
For production, the wine is fermented in casks of 225 litres, at a temperature that varies between 20ºC to 30ºC and later is macerated for 20 days.
Lastly, Grimalt Cabellero Is aged for 14 months in new French oak barrels (600L) from Allier.
Serve at 16ºC
We recommend decanting before consumption
Stews, Grilled red meats, Sheep cheese, Roasts, Game birds, Game animals, Goat cheese
SightRed ruby medium-high body with a flash of pink.NoseExpressive and aromatic. Mature black and red fruit aromas with mineral and toasted notes. Base is somewhat vegetable.TasteLight and pleasing. Steps to an unctuous and enveloping taste with fruity flavours. Good acidity and mature tannins. Long finish with a mineral after taste.
SightRuby colour with a light ruby rim. Clean and very bright with pretty, even tears shown on the glass.NoseA powerful, intense and very expressive nose. Lots of juicy, fleshy, appetising black fruit accompanied by aromas fom its ageing, fine woods, spicy notes and touches of aromatic herbs. Gains in complexity with even more nuances emerging..intense menthol notes, aromas of undergrowth, and earthy, mineral notes.TasteGood attack. A tasty red wine with a good amount of body and very good structure. Ripe tannins and a very well defined acidity that gives this wine depth and length. Minerals and spices felt at retro-olfaction.
SightRuby colour with clear maroon edges. Clean and very bright. Pretty, even tears show on the glass.NoseA powerful, intense and very expressive nose. Lots of juicy, fleshy and appetising black fruit accompanied by aromas of its ageing, fine woods, spicy notes and hints of aromatic herbs. It gradually gains in complexity, exhibiting intense menthol nuances, aromas of undergrowth and earthy, mineral touches.TasteGood attack. This red wine is tasty with good body and very good structure. Ripe tannins and a well-defined acidity bringing depth and length. Mineral and spicy sensations felt at retro-olfaction.
In 2006, Francesc Grimalt and Sergio Caballero set up 4 Kilos Vinícola in Mallorca. Its name comes from the initial investment of both founding partners in the former Spanish currency, pesetas (in slang, a million pesetas was called a kilo). This winery produces wines which reflect the strength of grapes and their nuances, but with a different approach and presentation.
https://www.decantalo.com/en/grimalt-caballero.html15716Grimalt Caballero 2013https://www.decantalo.com/71005-large_default/grimalt-caballero.jpg44.5044.50EUROutOfStock/Decántalo/Wine/Decántalo/Wine/Red wine/Decántalo/Wine/Red wine/Callet/Decántalo/Wine/Red wine/FogoneuGrimalt Caballero es el nuevo vino elaborado por 4 Kilos Vinícola, bodega elaboradora de <a href="../../../es/vinos_c45/tinto_c11/vt-mallorca_c11do92/apollonia-viticultors_c11do92b497/12-volts-2013_c11do92b497p4816" title="12 Volts">12 Volts</a>, <a href="../../../es/vinos_c45/tinto_c11/vt-mallorca_c11do92/4-kilos_c11do92b771/gallinas-y-focas-2010_c11do92b771p4676" title="Gallinas y Focas">Gallinas y Focas</a> y <a href="../../../es/vinos_c45/tinto_c11/vt-mallorca_c11do92/4-kilos_c11do92b771/4-kilos-2010_c11do92b771p3916" title="4Kilos">4 Kilos</a>, situada en Felanitx (<a href="../../../es/vinos_c45/tinto_c11/vt-mallorca_c11do92" title="Vino de Mallorca">Mallorca</a>). <b><br /><br />Grimalt Caballero </b>es un coupage de 90% Callet y 10% Fogoneu, variedades autócotonas provenientes de dos fincas, Viña Petita y Viña Ermassos con viticultura ecológica, que pasa por una vinificación muy poco intervencionista y una crianza de 14 meses en barricas nuevas.<br /><br />Recomendamos decantarlo antes de disfrutarlo.VM Baleares2016-05-06Non certified organic