Earn Decántalo points when you place an order that you can exchange for gift wines.
Characteristics of Gómez Cruzado Pancrudo
Gómez Cruzado Pancrudo is a red wine produced by Bodegas Gómez Cruzado in Haro, D.O. Ca. Rioja.
Bodegas Gómez Cruzado was founded in 1886 in the popular town of Estación de Haro, where the most classical and renown wineries of La Rioja Alta can be found.
Their vineyard is divided into three areas of La Rioja Alta: Sierra Cantabria, Najerilla and Alto Najerilla. They comprise the traditional scenery of the area with small groups of vineyard called "majuelos".
Bodegas Gómez Cruzado controls more than 100 different plots, using sustainable and reasoned viticulture in all of them. Therefore, they can make great wines that reflect the terroir.
Gómez Cruzado Pancrudo is a wine made from Grenache from old vineyards located in the municipality of Badarán (Alto Najerilla). They are planted at 650 metres of altitude facing north, on clayey-ferrous soils.
They are manually harvested and placed in 200-kg crates, with grape selection in the winery. Fermentation takes place in stainless steel deposits with gentle punch-downs. 65% goes through malolactic fermentation and ageing for 12 months in French oak barrels and the rest, 35%, in concrete egg-shaped containers.
Gómez Cruzado Pancrudo is an fluid, elegant and honest wine. The aromas of ripe red fruit stand out on the nose, on a delicate mineral background. A delicious Grenache, very representative of the area.
La Rioja is one of the most important areas of wine production in the world. It has a long history, and exceptional soils and climates. From the Tempranillo and Grenache varieties they make great red wines that are masterfully aged which demonstrates the experience passed from generation to generation.