You are buying it at a lower price because it has some kind of defect on the bottle, such as a stained or ripped label, or a damaged capsule.
We will not accept any claims related to this kind of defects.
The content has not suffered any damage, is the same as in a normal bottle. These products only have certain defects on their bottles.
Please note: you are buying a primeur wine.
You are buying en primeur wine, this means you are buying it the best price because you are paying now but you will receive it it from the end of next summer, once the winery finishes with its elaboration.
For each bottle you will get 11 Decántalo points which you can redeem for a selection of gifts in your next order.
Characteristics of Flor de Maig Blanc
Flor de Maig Blanc is a bag-in-box white wine from Celler de Capçanes made with the Macabeo and White Grenache varieties in the D.O. Montsant.
Celler de Capçanes is a winery located in the south of Priorat founded in 1933 by families from the village itself. The project is headed by the oenologist Anna Rovira, and currently 5% of its productions are of kosher wine produced with the Mevushal method (wines suitable for celebrations within the Jewish religion). The remaining 95% reflect a village’s know-how. They are now taking a further step by offering wine in the bag-in-box format.
Flor de Maig Blanc is made with two varieties that are very typical in this winery, Grenache and Macabeo: strains that are around 40 years old, located at different altitudes of between 150 and 450 metres, and planted in soils of llicorella, limestone and clay. The harvest is carried out manually at the optimum moment of ripeness.
Flor de Maig Blanc ferments at a controlled temperature of between 14 and 16ºC. The two varieties are vinified together in stainless steel tanks. The wine is stabilised cold, and a gentle filtration is performed before entering the bag-in-box.
Flor de Maig Blanc is a young white wine that, on being packaged in a bag-in-box, remains in good condition for a long time.
Serve at 11.0ºC
Grilled white fish, Fish rices, Light starters, Grilled seafood, Smoked dishes
Montsant is situated in the province of Tarragona, surrounding the DOQ Priorat. Although a young Denominación de Origen, Monstant is located in a land with a large history in winemaking. The wines, mostly reds, are typically made with Grenache and Carignan grapes and are authentic, wild and artisanal. Wines produced in this region are usually extremely good value given the high quality.
We can say that today Celler de Capçanes is an exemplary cooperative and a solid project. Vibrant and in constant progress, where they always advocate for research and development, carrying out different projects, especially with the Red Grenache variety. Their collection of wines Nits de Garnachas, clearly represent the soils where they are from and the emotions of those who work the land and produce the wine.