Earn Decántalo points when you place an order that you can exchange for gift wines.
Characteristics of El Guía
El Guía is a red wine from the Rioja produced by Finca de la Rica, a winery currently managed by its fourth generation. The winery is located in Labastida (Alava)
The climate in this area is Atlantic, protected from cold winds by the Sierra de Toloño in the north and the Ebro River to the south. This wine is a blend of Tempranillo (95%) and Viura (5%) from 36 hectares of vineyards in 30 plots with an average age of 40 years. The vineyards are located at 585 meters on average above sea level, on calcareous clay soil. As for the development, 75% of the grapes become de-stemmed and the other 25% pass through carbonic maceration. Malolactic fermentation is then carried out in stainless steel. Clarification is performed on a deposit containing both gelatin and egg white. Finally, it passes through a plate and light filter. We recommend consuming this product very cool, between 11 and 14 degrees.
Serve at 12ºC
Aperitif, Cold meat, Beans and pulses, Grilled red meats, Pasta with meat sauce, Vegetables, Semi-mature Cheese
The nose is intense. Dominated by notes of red fruits, strawberries and ripe raspberries. Floral notes of rose petals and acacia appear.
The palate is fleshy, fresh, friendly and fun. There is vibrant acidity.
SightBright wine with a beautiful maroon colour and violet edges.NoseIntense and expressive aromas, among which the abundant notes of sweet and juicy red fruit are released along with aromatic hints of citrus and floral touches of violets.TasteThis wine is very tasty in the palate and has a good attack and a light, nice and slightly sweet mid palate. The notes of red fruit take centre stage. Very good acidity and good finish.
La Rioja is one of the most important areas of wine production in the world. It has a long history, and exceptional soils and climates. From the Tempranillo and Grenache varieties they make great red wines that are masterfully aged which demonstrates the experience passed from generation to generation.