Earn Decántalo points when you place an order that you can exchange for gift wines.
Characteristics of Botani Blanco
Botani Blanco is a white wine from D.O. Sierras de Málaga made by Jorge Ordoñez & Co, a winery founded in 2004 by the Ordoñez family and Kracher family, who are the number one producers of sweet wines in Austria. This wine is a single local variety Moscatel de Alejandría (100%) grown on old vines (70 years old) in Almachar located on north-facing mountain slopes about 400-600 meters above sea level. As for the production, the harvest is done by hand and softly pressed, 70% of the must is fermented in stainless steel deposits at a low temperatire and, afterwards, it undergoes an aging for 4 months. On the other hand, 30% are aged in French oak barrels and 4 months of battonage with its lees.
SightBright straw colour.NoseOn the nose it is fresh and expressive. There are fruit and white floral aromas.TasteOn the palate it is dry, full of flavour with citric notes. Good acidity.
SightBeautiful light straw yellow colour with soft and pale golden reflections. Clean and bright.NoseBotani 2012 shows a very good aromatic intensity with fragrant notes of ripe white stone fruit (pear and peach), tropical fruit and citrus, released along with intense notes of white flowers and grassy nuances on a subtle sweet background.TasteThis new vintage stands out for the nice aromas of fruit with which it coats the palate. It is a bulky white wine with a very nice and silky mid palate, and a crispy, citric and integrated acidity. It shows a long after-taste with pleasant notes of flowers noticed at retro olfaction.
SightClean and bright, light straw yellow colour. Nice and regular tears.NoseClean and intense aromas of ripe white stone fruit, sweet pears, peach, tropical fruit and citrus, deliciously combined with floral and grassy notes on a subtle sweet background.TasteThis wine has a good, bulky and dry attack, which leads to a very pleasant, silky mid palate with a well defined acidity. Quite floral long aftertaste, not as fruity as in the nose.
SightPale straw yellow colour. Clean and bright. Glyceric.NoseAn aromatic pleasure. Intense fruity aromas in which the notes of tropical fruit (pineapple), grapefruit and citrus stand out. Light background of white flowers and honey.TasteFresh and dry wine. Very tasty and smooth mid palate. The notes of ripe muscat have a high presence. Long and pleasant aftertaste.
A very interesting wine with a good contrast between sweet and dry flavours.
SightPale straw color, bright and clean. NoseFresh, fragrant and ripe, shows variety featured fine aromas of apple, tangerine and some wilted flowers.TasteIn the mouth this wine is fruity, dry, with citrus notes and a nice finish.
SightPale straw.NoseFresh, fragrant and ripe, where variety shows and feature fine apple, tangerine and a hint of faded flowers.TasteOn the palate the wine is fruity, dry, with citrus notes and final friendly.
There was a time whereMálaga was a region of real prestige, their wines were consumed in European Courts, enjoyed across the European and American markets, more famous than the wines from Jerez at its peak. Authentic Málaga wines are one of the true treasures of fortified wines, deep, sweet, profound, mysterious in their translucent darkness, which even now are some of the world’s leading wines, from their whites, known for their dryness, up to their Pajarete wines, which easily reach an alcoholic content of around 20%.
Other wines from D.O. D.O. Málaga-Sierras de Málaga
With the 2004 vintage, were born the first wines from this winery, located at the end of Almáchar, in the heart of the Axarquia Malaga, a mountainous region of steep slopes and slate soils, along the Mediterranean. This is one of the oldest in Europe vitinícolas. It is the first winery established in this locality, as the traditional destination of these grapes was the production of raisins. Perhaps the newest part of this proposal was trusting the oenological winemaking in the Austrian winemaker Alois Kracher, who was undisputed number one sweet wines in the country.