AOC Chinon (Loire)
Bernard Baudry Le Clos Guillot
A Cabernet Franc with a Pinot Noir soul
Style Bernard Baudry Le Clos Guillot 2018
Characteristics Bernard Baudry Le Clos Guillot
Bernard Baudry Le Clos Guillot is an organic single-variety Cabernet Franc red wine produced by Bernard Baudry under the A.O.C. Chinon, in the Loire Valley, France. The grapes used to make the Bernard Baudry Le Clos Guillot wine come from southwest-facing plots with coteau limestone soils, with clays at the top of the hill and yellow tufa (limestone) at the bottom.
The vineyard is made up of vines planted between 1993 and 2000 that are harvested manually. The grapes ferment for two weeks in cement or oak tanks and the resulting wine ages for 12 months in oak barrels for 2 to 5 years followed by nine months of rest in cement tanks. Finally, the wine is bottled unfiltered in September, two years after the harvest.
Bernard Baudry is one of the most prominent producers in Chinon, in the Loire Valley. He works with organic agriculture in the 32 hectares that make up his Domaine across the AOC Chinon: in Cravant, Les Coteaux and Chinon. 90% of cultivation is the Cabernet Franc red variety, and the remaining 10% is Chenin Blanc.
He currently works with his son Matthieu, and together they seek to obtain the maximum and most honest expression of the Cabernet Franc variety in their wines that reflect each of the landscapes in Loire Valley.